We believe that support workers are the most amazing people on the planet!
That’s why we invest in you from day one with a three day intensive training program to ensure you have all of the skills you need to succeed. We also offer a 24/7 support line so help is only ever a phone call away if you need it.
Currently Recruiting for:
- Participant Liaison
- Support Worker
(that’s code for Relationship Manager Extraordinaire!)
After you’ve checked out the Position Description and decide “this job is the one for me!”, you will need to get started on a formal application.
About 4U Care
We’re on a mission to radically improve the lives of people living with disability. We will never tell you, you can’t… but rather, why not?
4u Care is an energetic team of people dedicated to providing exceptional support to our Participants. We challenge what is ‘normal’ and encourage our people to think outside the box.
We provide a range of disability support services including 1:1 community access, shared support programs and Supported Independent Living for people in Newcastle and the greater Hunter region.
About the Opportunity
As a Participant Liaison you will be joining a fun loving team who actively support each other to get the best out of each and every day. You will be the first point of contact for our Participants and their networks. You will use your exceptional communication and collaboration skills to assist new participants to identify their goals and support needs. You will work closely with our rostering staff to ensure support workers are the ‘best fit’ for participants and coach and counsel support workers on effective strategies to deliver high quality supports to participants.
The role is full-time (Monday – Friday) and located at our Newcastle Head Office.
- Caring & compassionate
- Ability to quickly establish positive and productive relationships with stakeholder from varying backgrounds
- Open to challenges and likes to use initiative
- Able to handle complex or challenging situations calmly and rationally
- Passionate about sharing in the success & achievement of others
- Able to problem solve with a focus on continuous improvement
If the answer is yes, then please read on with enthusiasm!
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality professional support work to children and adults with a disability, within a fast paced environment
- An understanding of the person centred model with the ability to display empathy & diplomacy for a participant’s needs
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a team environment with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong time management and problem solving ability
- High level computer literacy skills in particular MS Office products
- First aid certificate or willingness to obtain
- Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- NDIS Worker Screening check or willingness to obtain
- COVID vaccination certificate
- Current driver’s licence
Applications are to include:
- A Cover Letter and detailed response addressing the Selection Criteria
- Current resume
4u Care is about success and not perfection. We understand that even though you may not meet each and every criteria listed, you could still become an outstanding Participant Liaison.
So remember, when you are considering if this opportunity is for you, ask yourself “Why not?”
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Tyler Eggleston on 1800 4u Care (1800 48 2273). CLOSING DATE: 16 August 2022
This could be your career!
4u Care is looking for dedicated and hard working support workers to join our all-star team!
We offer our permanent Part Time employees paid, organisation sponsored training with our very own training coordinator. It is expected that you would take advantage of this learning opportunity to ensure our support workers are constantly up-skilling and developing to provide the best care possible. In addition to our organisation sponsored training, you will be part of a friendly, flexible and motivating work environment.
If permanent part time employment doesn’t fit your lifestyle, we are always hiring casuals as well.
If you would like to join the 4u Care team, please apply via our recruitment form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Support Workers, we’re looking 4U!
Get started with the help of our NDIS Calculator
The 4U Care NDIS Calculator is a great tool to help you budget and organise your required services to fit into your budget requirements. Simple to use, click below to get started.